Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Favorite Beauty Products

Your wedding day is the most important day of your life, so why not look your best? Here are some AMAZING beauty products that I swear by. 

 
Concealer
This is my go-to concealer for everything! I have major dark circles and this easy to apply and weightless concealer by Yves Saint Laurent is the perfect cover up. I am not a huge fan of wearing makeup that feels heavy on my face which is why TOUCHE ÉCLAT Radiant Touch is the best. Don't let the $40 price tag deter you, this makeup staple lasts forever and will quickly become one of your favorites, plus it's easy to carry in a purse and use on the go. 

Eyebrows
Want amazing eyebrows like Kim Kardashian? The secret is Anastasia! Anastasia is THE eyebrow guru to celebrities  but you don't have to be famous to have fabulous eyebrows. Anastasia features a whole eyebrow system including stencils, pencils, powders, tweezers, wax, and pretty much everything you need to define your brows. But, if you need something that is fast and easy to use I love the Anastasia Eyebrow Pencil. It comes in lots of different colors (be careful not to go too dark!) so you can have natural looking eyebrows that look instantly fuller and defined. I use this pencil everyday and it is something I simply cannot live without. PS: If you don't want to go the DIY way with the Anastasia Stencils your local Nordstrom probably has an Anastasia-trained esthetician on staff who will wax your brows using the Anastasia system. (Personal note: After one too many times of coming back from the salon with too thin eyebrows I went to Anastasia at Nordstrom and have never looked back!)

Moisturizer 
I have combination skin, one day my face can be really dry and the next super oily so finding a lotion at the drug store that worked for me was next to impossible. It seemed every lotion I tried was too oily, too heavy, or not moisturizing enough, I could never find one that just worked for me until I tried Exuviance Multi-Protective Day Fluid. This $35 bottle of lotion packs a huge punch! The pump on the top never puts out too much lotion so the tiny bottle lasts forever (I usually only have to buy it twice a year). Plus, this awesome moisturizer has SPF 15 which protects you from the sun which means fewer wrinkles. Exuviance's Day Fluid is never too oily, never too heavy, and absorbs almost instantly, plus it smells amazing.
Eyelashes
Say Goodbye to your lash curler, because this Lash Curling Mascara by Trish McEvoy is probably my best kept beauty secret. One thing I hate about traditional mascaras is how easily they flake off, leaving black specks all over your face. I tried all kinds of mascara including drug store brands and expensive department store brands and never found one I loved until one day I was recommended this by an esthetician. It was love at first swipe! This "Tube" mascara goes on just like any other mascara, but when you take it with soap and water off it "peels" off into tiny strips. Oh... and it never ever flakes off, ever. If you forget to take off your mascara before going swimming, you don't even have to worry about black streaks on your face, it will just "peel" off. If you want longer, thicker, curlier, fuller lashes then you are definitely a Trish girl. One thing you should know though is that this mascara takes a few minutes to fully dry, so don't put on sunglasses right after application! 

No comments: